Northern California Biological and Botanical Consulting
Northern California is rich in natural biodiversity. This biodiversity stems from unique variations in natural and manmade landscapes throughout the region. Wisely conserving and managing the landscape enures the many values offered by the region’s resident plant and wildlife benefit both public and private interests alike.
With more than 12 years of supporting private, non-profit, and public projects with biological and botanical research, surveys, and assessment, Jacobszoon and Associates, Inc. has taken a leading role in the conservation, management, and mitigation of our unique plant and wildlife. Our team of biologists and botanists support a diverse project portfolio including the development and monitoring of conservation easements, Timber Harvest Plans (THPs), Non-Industrial Timber Management Plans (NTMPs), timberland conversions, rural land development, Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreements (LSAAs), and other California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and CEQA exempt projects with riparian habitat assessments, on-site monitoring for in-stream projects, preparation of biological and botanical assessments and reports, and construction monitoring.
The biological and botanical team at Jacobszooon and Associates, Inc. enures a balanced approach to development and community needs and has developed numerous mitigations, re-vegetation, and long term management plans, throughout Mendocino, Lake, Sonoma, and Napa Counties.
Fish and Wildlife Surveys
With extensive experience in Northern Spotted Owl (NSO) consultations, diurnal raptor surveys, and threatened, endangered, and special species of concern surveys, as well as habitat assessments, our team of Biologists are qualified to conduct a wide variety of terrestrial and aquatic species surveys and assessments for the California red-legged frog., Foothill yellow-legged frog, Western pond turtle, California tiger salamander, listed bats, and Point Arena Mountain Beaver.
Jacobszoon and Associates, Inc. has conducted numerous botanical surveys that comply with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) for our diverse client base, including:
- Baseline Inventories
- Threatened, endangered and special species of concern surveys
- Invasive species inventories and management plans
- Preparation of species biological assessments
- Development of re-vegetation plans and monitoring schedules
Re-Vegetation Plans and Monitoring
- Conduct Wetland Delineation Surveys and assessments that meet the requirements of the US Army Corps of Engineers Technical Report (Y-81-1)
- Develop Wetland Enhancement plans with California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW)
- Conduct post-enhancement biological monitoring in conjunction with CDFW
- Develop and monitor Oak woodland management plans
- Biological Assessments
- Botanical Assessments
- Northern Spotted Owl Surveys
- Incidental Take Permits
- Invasive Species/Bullfrog Management Plans
- Bullfrog Monitoring and Reporting
- Nesting Bird Surveys
- Nocturnal Bat Surveys
- Visual Encounter Amphibian Surveys
- Environmentally Sensitive Habitat Area Delineations
- Raptor Surveys
- Pre-Construction Monitoring
- Point Arena Mountain Beaver Surveys