PLANNING & MANAGEMENT
Since 1995 Jacobszoon and Associates, Inc. has provided a wide range of professional forestry, natural resource, and land management consulting services to a diverse client base throughout northern California. Our core services include forestry consulting, biological and botanical assessments, ecological restoration, and water quality monitoring and management. Located in downtown Ukiah, we work with clients throughout Mendocino, Sonoma, Lake, and Napa counties on projects ranging from rural house site development to large scale industrial timber management and vineyard development.
- Positions available in our Water Quality and Forestry Teams. Check them out here.
- New hire – Lowell Cottle - QSP and CESSWI certified, B.A. Degree, Environmental Geography - As a full time employee Lowell has joined the Water Quality team as a Senior Scientist.
- New hire – Elizabeth Fernandez - B.A. Degree, Forestry and Natural Resources - As a full time employee Elizabeth has joined the Forestry team as an Environmental Technician.
- New hire – Heather Yaw - B.S. Degree, Business Administration - As a full time employee Heather has joined the Operations team as an Assistant.
- Properties impacted by recent fires may qualify for a timber harvest exemption or emergency under the California Forest Practice Rules. The Dead, Dying, or Diseased Exemption or Emergency Notice Harvest Form will allow for the removal of trees that are dead and/or dying as a result of fire.
Water Quality Monitoring & Management
- The California State Water Resources Control Board’s (SWRCB) Cannabis Cultivation Policy has Been Approved and is in Effect - https://www.waterboards.ca.gov/water_issues/programs/cannabis/index.html
- The California State Water Resources Control Board’s (SWRCB) Nonpoint Source 2018 Grant Program Modifies Application Requirements for Post-fire Recovery Proposals - https://www.waterboards.ca.gov/water_issues/programs/nps/319grants.shtml
Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreements (LSAAs)
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) General Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement for Activities Related to Cannabis Cultivation (General Agreement) has been Approved and is in Effect - https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/conservation/lsa
- Certain post-fire recovery projects may qualify for emergency exemption under Fish and Game Code (FGC) 1610.