PLANNING & MANAGEMENT
Since 1995 Jacobszoon and Associates, Inc. has provided a wide range of professional forestry, natural resource, and land management consulting services to a diverse client base throughout Northern California.
- New hire – Trent Snyder - B.S. Degree, Environmental Science - As a full time employee Trent has joined the Water Quality team.
- New hire – Jennifer Hawley - M.S. Degree, Natural Resources - As a part time employee Jennifer will be primarily supporting the Biological and Botanical team.
- New hire – Jacob Harrower - B.S. Degree, Professional Forestry - As a full time employee Jacob will be joining the Forestry team in early April.
- New hire – Elizabeth Fernandez - B.A. Degree, Forestry and Natural Resources (pending graduation) - Post graduation Elizabeth will join the Forestry team full time.
- New hire – Jim Lacy, AIA LEED AP – Jim brings over 30 years of experience in architectural design and construction management to Jacobszoon and Associates, Inc. Jim will be serving as a Project Advisor and Lead Design Consultant focusing on our development and restoration projects.
Water Quality & Management
- The California State Water Resources Control Board’s (SWRCB) Cannabis Cultivation Policy has Been Approved and is in Effect - https://www.waterboards.ca.gov/water_issues/programs/cannabis/index.html
- The California State Water Resources Control Board’s (SWRCB) Nonpoint Source 2018 Grant Program Modifies Application Requirements for Post-fire Recovery Proposals - https://www.waterboards.ca.gov/water_issues/programs/nps/319grants.shtml
Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreements
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) General Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement for Activities Related to Cannabis Cultivation (General Agreement) has been Approved and is in Effect - https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/conservation/lsa
- Certain post-fire recovery projects may qualify for emergency exemption under Fish and Game Code (FGC) 1610.
- Properties impacted by recent fires may qualify for a timber harvest exemption or emergency under the California Forest Practice Rules. The Dead, Dying, or Diseased Exemption or Emergency Notice Harvest Form will allow for the removal of trees that are dead and/or dying as a result of fire.